11 Jun

Check-Ins | How does my contents insurance work?

By TLR Estates, 10th June 2019


For many of our student tenants, you will have signed a contract that includes contents insurance for your 19/20 tenancy through Endsleigh as a benefit of housing through The Living Room.

While this might not seem like something to get too excited about, it actually is! You’ll get lots of cover for your belongings as standard that you would never have had before. And what’s more, we’ve paid for some high-end features, such as including accidental damage to fixtures and fittings in the property.



Endsleigh Contents Insurance | The basics

How much cover do I receive?

  • You get up to £5000 worth of room contents cover per tenant.
  • Up to £1000 of your cover is allocated for your computer (desktop/laptop/tablets).
  • Up to £75 per tenant of cover for food spoilage in the event of a fridge and/or freezer breakdown.
  • Up to £5000 with of Tenant Liability Cover – including accidental damage to fixtures and fittings (i.e. any landlord provided furniture that doesn’t move if you flip the house upside-down – e.g. carpets, walls, kitchen units, bathroom suite). So if you accidentally damage, soak or burn a carpet, wall, kitchen unit, etc., you’ll be covered and it won’t need to come out of your deposit. You can just pay the excess and let Endsleigh handle the rest.
  • You also receive limited cover on some of your contents from communal areas and when you’re travelling to/from university.

How much is my Excess?

As I’m sure you all know, an excess is the amount that you have to pay to an insurance company before they pay out your claim. Thankfully, as Endsleigh are all about students and young professionals, they keep their excesses low for you!

  • Room Contents, Money and Credit Cards | £25
  • Laptops and Tablets | £50
  • Frozen Food | £10
  • Liabilities and Personal Accident Benefits | £25

What’s not covered?

  • Accidental damage to anything other than fixtures or fittings.
  • Laptops and Tablets outside of your room.
  • Mobile Phones outside of your room.
  • Bicycles
  • Musical Instruments outside of your room.
  • Any other items taken outside of your room.

How do I make a claim?

You can make your claims directly to Endsleigh using the below details. We will have told them which houses are covered at the start of the year!

Policy download

To see our contents insurance policy in greater detail, please download the Certificate of Insurance below:

DOWNLOAD | Certificate of Insurance (56Kb)


If you have any questions about this service, please feel free to call Endsleigh to ask them any questions about our policy. Please also remember that this cover has been purchased upfront by The Living Room and is purely made available to you as a benefit of housing with us. Should you wish to take out your own more extensive contents insurance to provide you with greater security, then this is something that you will need to arrange by yourselves.



Need more information on how to check-in?

Don’t forget to read up on our other posts in this series which you can access by clicking the links below:

If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us either by phone or email.

Back to Blog